Good night America 9:

All in all, this drive-away won’t be all that cheap. The first half day of the voyage had already cost me more than 500 $! Fortunately, we will get – at least they said so in the contract – a refund for the tire by the owner. 

In Washington, where we wanted to spend the night, we could not find any free parking space in the city. Only far away, in the suburbs, I drove into a park where – so it seemed – nobody would chase us away. The destroyed tire (that we had to produce to the owner because of the guarantee) was so big that it occupied the two back seats. I put it out and leaned the back of the seats as much as possible.
As far as sleeping goes, my small Yugo 101 was much more comfortable. For a while, I tried to find the right position, cursing the heat and the mosquitoes, but then I joined my destroyed tire on the grass and finally fell asleep. »Good night America, wherever you are! «
text & photo: Janin Klemenčič