Central America 4 Safety on Buses


 Then there is safety. I have read many chicken bus theft stories on multiple web forums and I am grateful that Jason and I have yet to experience anything like that. But, I must say that thus far, we have felt extremely safe on the road. We even prefer the buses over taxis; I guess we just feel more safe in numbers. Our bags are usually right next to us, near us or in plain view of us. We do practice precaution and try to be aware of our belongings and surroundings and we carry a money belt for cash, passports and credit cards. I know that we can’t control every situation and the possibility exists of getting our things stolen, but if we allowed negative possibilities to dictate our life we wouldn’t be traveling in these foreign countries in the first place.

Aracely Castellani (to be continued)